The Nest is a peaceful, sun-washed timber-frame building located next to the Boreal Centre for Bird Conservation within beautiful Lesser Slave Lake Provincial Park. The Nest is offered as a comfort camping experience from the Victoria Day weekend in May to the Thanksgiving weekend in October. Reservations can be made at Alberta Parks Reservations or by calling 1-877-537-2757.
Staying at The Nest means you’ll be able to:
- Explore scenic lakeshore trails and self-guided hikes
- Witness an abundance of wildlife, often right on your doorstep
- Discover the secluded lakeshore
- Delight in long summer evenings and spectacular sunsets
- Book a banding lab tour at the nearby Lesser Slave Lake Bird Observatory
- Take in the exhibits and interpretive programs at the BCBC, or
- Just kick back and relax!
And, of course … there’s plenty of bird watching!
The Nest has room for 10 guests with four bunk-bed rooms and two queen-bed rooms. In addition, it has two washrooms with showers and a large common room with full kitchen facilities and fireplace. Outside is a large deck with barbeque, firepit and picnic table.
For more details about The Nest, please visit The Nest Comfort Camping.
Alberta Parks looks forward to hosting you!